Monday, June 15, 2009

remembering Grandma C

one year ago today, june 15th my grandma passed away. it was on the morning of fathers day. the birds were singing, the sun was shining, it was a beautiful summer morning. when i walked into grandmas room there was a sense of peace all around, a quiet spiritual peace which i immediatly felt. the sun was shining through her window and cast a beautiful light on her face. she was in a much better place, a place where she was greeted by friends, her husband, and her Savior Jesus. when grandma passed away i told kenadee that grandma lives with Jesus. she asked, 'in our hearts?' yes kenadee, always in our hearts.

kenadee putting flowers on grandmas headstone at her funeral
grandma we miss you. you are our angel watching over us.
we thank you for being the special person you were to so many people.
kenadee loves balloons, and when we let them go up into the sky i tell her that we are sending the balloon to grandma. today we will let off another balloon...
we know where it will go...to our Grandma 'C'
we love and miss you...

2 comments:

Deena said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERI! I hope your day is as amazing as you are! I love and miss you tons!

Deena said...

I'm glad you liked being my headliner, I'm gonna change it soon. You only get one week and then I'm going back to New Moon. I sent you an email on how to put the New Moon in to yours...did you get it? If not let me know and I'll resend the info. I hope your B-day was really special. HECK YES! I'd LOVE to go to the zoo again. Let me know and we'll meet you there. We are going to Florida for two weeks later in July but any other time would be great! Can you believe Michael Jackson died today????? OH MY HECK! My world revolved around him in the '80's. RIP man!