Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day...

what a special day.

i LOVE mother's day, especially since it took me so long to become a mom. my day was spent with my beautiful family and fabulous mom...going to breakfast, and buying lots and lots of flowers and planting
them in my mom's yard, (our tradition).


grandma donna, kenadee and keri

i hope all mom's got the great recognition they deserve for being a great mom to their children. kenadee gave me a beautiful book 'why daughters need a mom' and a very cute picture frame that she made at school with her picture in it.

you may not know this about me but i LOVE cards. mike knows this and i tell him all the time...'all i want is a nice card'. he did GREAT this year.


kenadee's card was perfect, this is what it said...
'thanks for taking good care of me, for loving me lots, and raising me right. thanks for being the perfect mom for me.
mike's card was great too...
'you are the one who makes family occasions happy, our private times a joy, and our home a place of comfort and support.'

my family...oh how i love them!!!

what special women moms are, especially all the ones that have touched me. i have five, yes five sets of parents and that makes five very special mom's in my life and i appreciate all of them so much. i can't celebrate today without thinking of another very special mom; kenadee's birthmother, whitney. because of her unconditional selfless love, i became a mom!!! i respect and admire her for her strength and the most precious gift i have ever recieved...a child.
happy mother's day...
and thank you to everyone who made my day so special!!

4 comments:

Deena said...

Wow, you truly had a great day! I am so happy that Kenadee's mom was inspired to place her beautiful daughter in your loving home. Kenadee is so lucky to have you as her mom...as are you to be her mom. You are such a great person! Happy Mother's Day!

Katie Petersen said...

Happy Mother's Day! You look beautiful in all your pics, love the hair!

Cassie said...

It sounds like you had a great mother's day! You deserved it! We missed you in Moab...:( You guys really need to get another jeep for the next trip!

Cindy G said...

How fun to see a picture of your mom! She looks so good. Glad you had a great Mother's Day...I'll be seeing you on Saturday. :)